Welcome to my blog

As a digital professional working in major businesses I've become increasingly keen to share my thoughts and opinions. I hope in some small way they add value to your daily lives.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

BillGuard is a very cool app

You have to hand it to the people at BillGuard, I'm so impressed with the beauty of their design and how simply it helps you know what you need to know. Check out out how the interface reassures you the consumer, that it has checked out all of your bills and informs you what bills you need to concern yourself with. How much easier is this application than manually scanning through your bills on a screen or paper to sniff out the anomalies. As they quoted on their website "9 out of 10 people don't check their bills, or merely skim them quickly for large purchases". A logical conclusion is that by reducing the effort to review your bills we'll greatly reduce the amount of fraud we are exposed to.

These guys have it sorted, they do the heavy lifting for me and give me the answers to my key questions. Importantly, they tell me of the 100s of bills I have each year which ones are of concern. Simply put they are saving me time, making my life easier and removing anxiety. Moreover, the use of visual aids or great design to get the message across is spot on. Can't ask for much more really.

But yes there is more, BillGuard also use crowd sourcing or the collective experiences of consumers to identify where fraud and the like is occurring. That's a very powerful pool of wisdom to tap into.

In summary, a very cool app, great design and very clever process. Surely, this is the new standard of digital customer experiences which digital leaders will be measured against. Not surprising they won Best of Show at Finovate.

No comments: